Thursday 11 February 2010

Everyone Benefits

Our perceptions define us and define our lives. Think about it: when you get up in the morning, are you full of beans, awake, aware and ready to face the day? Or do you force your eyes open, groan, hit the snooze button and pull the duvet over your head, instead.

The difference between waking one way or waking the other is simply perception. Some people spring out of bed in the morning, sing, greet the family with a cheery “good morning” and bounce off to work … while others, drag themselves out of bed, grunt at everyone until they have their first cup of coffee and then face the day with grim determination, reminding themselves that the weekend is just around the corner.

It’s interesting , isn’t it, that the first scenario and the second can even take place in the same household … and the second is even more groany about the first when wished a cheery “good morning”!

Singing, yet! Gads!

When we drag ourselves off to work, rushed because we hit the snooze button not just once, but twice, or even more times, we are bringing our reluctance with us wherever we go. So, on the walk to the bus stop or station, what do we notice? During the wait for whatever form of transport we take, what are we thinking about? When we arrive at work, what’s our first thought? And doesn’t that set the tone for the rest of the day?

Try this before you go to sleep:

Even though today has been [insert your description here], I deeply and completely love and accept myself

Even though I’m really exhausted by it all, I deeply and completely love and accept myself

Even though the truth is that my life is constantly stressful, I deeply and completely love and accept myself

Eyebrow: today has been [insert your description]
Side of the eye: I’m exhausted by it all
Under the eye: I’m so stressed
Under the nose: it’s all too much
Chin: why do I have to do this every day?
Collarbone: I really hate this
Under the arm: this stress
Top of the head: so stressful
Eyebrow: I am so stressed
Side of the eye: There’s no time for me
Under the eye: no one appreciates me
Under the nose: I feel so tired
Chin: I’m so tired and overwhelmed by it all
Collarbone: it never lets up!
Under the arm: this overwhelm
Top of the head: this overwhelm

After a round or two of that, when you begin to relax, you can add a round or two of this just on the tapping points:

Eyebrow: I choose to relax
Side of the eye: I choose to leave the stresses of today with today
Under the eye: I choose to relax completely
Under the nose: I choose to relax and sleep deeply and peacefully
Chin: I choose to fall asleep easily and quickly
Collarbone: I choose to sleep deeply and peacefully
Under the arm: I choose relaxing, rejuvenating, re-energising sleep
Top of the head: I choose to awaken just before my alarm sounds, relaxed, awake, aware and ready to face the day

It may take a couple of days, but after a while you might begin to feel a little more cheerful in the mornings. You may even smile back at the one who wishes you a cheery “good morning” – you might even find the singing endearing! You might be on time for work, having appreciated the lovely gardens on the way down the street to your bus stop or station, filled with good memories or looking forward to seeing the folks at work and having a little time for hearing about what they got up to last night. And you may even have a good day and be more productive. Who knows?

The wonderful thing about EFT is that we can all change our perceptions. Even if nothing on the outside changes, on the inside, we experience our daily lives differently. When we change our perceptions, the others around us are treated to a new person with a new, more positive outlook … and that brings a little more light into their lives, which they take with them into their day.

When we work on brightening ourselves and our own perceptions, we’re giving a gift to everyone we come into contact with, who are then taking that and brightening the lives of everyone they coming into contact with. Everyone benefits.

It’s beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails